On the following pages you will find information on training in MCT. We offer international workshops in Europe, North and South America, Australia and Asia. Moreover, you can participate in a novel online training course on Metacognitive Training for Psychosis.
MCT Workshops: Further education
We regularly offer practical workshops on metacognitive training for people with psychosis (MCT/MCT+/MCT-A), depression (D-MCT) and older people with depression (Silver-MCT). These are aimed at psychologists, doctors, psychotherapists, specialist nurses and occupational therapists.
Due to the current Corona situation, we are unfortunately unable to offer any face-to-face events at the UKE until further notice.
If you would prefer an online workshop, please email us via email@example.com.
We also offer an online training course on metacognitive training (MCT), which is accredited and certified with 10 continuing education points. You can find more information under MCT Online Training.
Our certified online training course on metacognitive training for depression (D-MCT) and depression in later life (MCT-Silver) is accredited with 7 continuing education points. You can find more information on this under Online Training MCT for Depression.
Workshops in North America, Australia, Asia and Europe
All of our MCT materials are available as a free download (www.uke.de/mct), and we are happy to provide training to clinicians interested running the MCT groups. Although training via a workshop is not mandatory to use our materials, we have received a large number of requests for workshops from colleagues and we are happy to provide training to clinicians interested in running MCT groups.
We typically run a two-day workshop for groups of clinicians. Please contact us for further information regarding costs.
The workshop typically covers the following topics:
- Research and theoretical background for each of the MCT modules,
- Presentation of and practice with each MCT module/ session (showing specific exercises and conducing role plays)
- Integration of group CBT principles in running the MCT group.
Please contact the following individuals for more information with regard to MCT workshops in English:
- e-workshops (e.g., teams, zoom): M.Sc. Rabea Fischer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- North America: M.Sc. Rabea Fischer (email@example.com); Dr. Mahesh Menon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Australia: Dr. Ryan Balzan (email@example.com)
- Asia (currently Farsi only): Dr. Saied Malihialzackerini (firstname.lastname@example.org, website: https://symia.ir/)
- Europe except Spain and Portugal: Dr. Brooke Schneider (email@example.com) and Dr. Imke Lemmers-Jansen (Dutch, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Spain: Dr. Susana Ochoa (email@example.com)
- South America (Spanish): Vanessa Acuña Pérez and Ariel Otto (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Portugal: Dr. Lara Guedes de Pinho (email@example.com)